January 22, 2012

Review - "Prince of Wolves" by Quinn Loftis

Genre: YA/Romance
2012 is the year when I try out new genres! In this story werewolves are the main ingredient, since I testet out vampires just before Christmas... I am going to try it all!


A bit about the book

Jacque is 17 and her senior year in highschool is coming up in just a couple of weeks. When a very good looking new student moves in with the neighbours accross the street Jacque and her friends Sally and Jen have quite another finish of their summer holiday than expected.

From the moment Jacque meet Fane's eyes she feels a very strong connection with him without knowing exactly why. When his voice appear clearly in her head she gets really thrown off her feet. They can talk - soul to soul! Jacque doesn't understand that Fane is a werewolf and that she happens to be his mate! The problem is, however, that Fane isn't the only werewolf in Coldspring, Texas. Just when Fane and Jacque get to know each other a bit, Lucas shows up and claimes that Jacque is actually his mate. Fane has to challenge Lucas to keep Jacque. And only one of the werewolves will survive the challenge. Who wins? And, will Jacque accept being a werewolve's mate?


My evaluation

This is difficult! I really wanted to like this book, because I was facinated by the plot before I started reading. I am not a werewolf-lover to begin with, but wanted to give this particular novel a chance. It was, at least for me, a waste of time.. The start was actually quite good, but after a few chapters I  started loosing interest in the story and instead got more and more annoyed with the writing.

As a reader I had to read about the same happenings again and again. If that had added something to the story, fine! But it didn't. I couldn't believe in Fane and the way Jacque and her friends Sally and Jen were communicating was generally very annoying! I think the idea with all the dialogues were meant to be funny and add humor to the story, but they just ended up being foolish!

I can read unrealistic novels if the author manages to build a realistic environment and credible characters. Here both lacks. And I cannot believe that both Jacque, her friends and neighbours just accepts all the supernatural stuff that happens around them. They seldom question a thing.. For me the characters are all uninteresting, one-dimentional and directly foolish in their never ending dialogues. This is the author's debut novel and his first in "The Grey Wolves" series. I am not going to read the rest of them..


My rating

of 5


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 334 KB
Print Length: 256 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B005983WCQ
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
Lending: Enabled



My own wolf equivalence Toby the dog


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...