January 10, 2012

Review - "To Desire a Scoundrel" by Tracy Sumner

The heat is definately on! It's not often that I read Romance, but I have decided to widen my horizon and read some other stuff too in addition to my Sci-Fi/Fantasy and Crime books. It also helps towards my new challenge to read 52 novellas in 2012. Romance is ok in smaller doses :-)


A bit about the novella

Katherine Peters has fallen in love with Tanner Barkley, a scoundrel and flirt who always gets what he wants. When Katherines realizes that Tanner shows interest in her only because she sits on information about a news scoop which propells Tanner's career in the news business she feels used and it breaks her heart.

A few years later they meet on their way to the same little village to celebrate Christmas with friends, and at a pre-Christmas party Katherine gets seduced by Tanner again. Caught between rationality and lust and a Tanner who claims that he has actually loved her all the time Kathrine travels back home to the man she is expected to marry. How it ends? That is for me to know and you to find out :-)


My evaluation

This is hot! But it is also a rather charming story about love and the power of desire. The language is actually very good and propells me on. This isn't too sweet, more sexy than anticipated and an interesting change from what I usually read. Even if this is a (rather long) novella, the main characters come alive and are very believable and the scene - early 1900 century - is cleverly used and very well done. This is not quite Hamlet, but a rather nice diversion from my other books.


My rating

of 5


Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 482 KB
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Tracy Sumner (December 12, 2011)
Sold by:  Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B006LPHE8O
Pic of the day: an imported rose from Tanzania
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...